Statistics say that between 50% and 82% of all women experience breast tenderness during their period – if you are among those that do you may be wondering what you can do to minimize or eliminate the pain.
One way to relieve PMS sore breasts is to use self-massage to break up the congestion in the area. Here is a five-step self-massage technique that you can use to get rid of sore breasts from PMS:
1. Get some massage oil – an oil that is scented may make the experience even more pleasant. Scents that are relaxing and great to use when relieving breast soreness include: vanilla, lavender and rose.
2. Put some oil in the palm of your hand and then rub both your hands together. With both hands covered with oil, gently start rubbing your breasts and underarm area.
3. After getting used to the oil and to the pressure of your hands on your sore breasts, put an arm over your head and make long, downward movements with two fingertips from about the middle of your arm to just past your armpit.
4. Then repeat this movement with the other arm.
5. Next massage the right breast starting at the outside edge of the breast and moving inward towards the center of your chest. Next do the underneath side of the breast in a similar way.
6. Repeat this process with the left breast.
Note: All of your massage movements should be done slowly and lightly. Do not do a deep massage of your breasts as this could be very painful.
Now here’s a home remedy for PMS sore breasts that you may also want to try:
1. Buy a pumpkin
2. Juice the pumpkin following the directions below. As you juice the pumpkin you should collect approximately two cups of the pumpkin pulp in a separate bowl.
3. You are going to be making Pumpkin Celery Apple Lemon Juice. The ingredients are:
– 1 pumpkin, without the seeds
– 1 stalk celery
– 6 apples
– 1 lemon
4. Once you have the ingredients, here is what to do next: Juice all ingredients. Mix together. Drink and enjoy.
5. After you drink the juice, check your pumpkin pulp which you put in a bowl. If it is dry, add about ½ cup water to the pulp. Now apply the pulp mixture to your sore breasts. Leave the pulp on your breasts for about 10 minutes, then remove it and rinse your breasts.
Pumpkin is a great anti-inflammatory food, which is why it works so well for sore breasts during your period. Many women swear by the healing powers of pumpkin pulp saying that even the sorest breasts can feel great in an hour after applying pumpkin pulp.
One of the reasons pumpkin pulp is so effective is that it is high in beta-carotene, which is a precursor to Vitamin A. Vitamin A is considered excellent for all skin issues, including soreness.
One more way to reduce and even prevent breast soreness is to take a period vitamin.
A period vitamin contains various vitamins and minerals that support your reproductive tract and allow you to have your period without going through all the bothersome symptoms that are so common with periods, such as gas, bloating and soreness.
It is easy for women, particularly during their period, to develop deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals and these deficiencies then result in PMS symptoms like soreness and bloating.
Taking a period vitamin prevents those deficiencies from occurring and thus you feel much better during your period.