Painful sore breasts are nothing to laugh at. They can make even wearing a bra an ordeal. So what can you do to ease PMS sore breasts so that you can get on with your life?
We have compiled a list of five natural remedies that help relieve sore swollen breasts that occur before, during or after your period.
Breast soreness has natural causes, so why shouldn’t there be natural remedies? Here are the best of the best:
1. Castor oil – Here’s what to do: get a washcloth, add a tablespoon of castor oil and then rub it on your breasts. Then place three towels on top of your breasts and then put a warm pack on top. Leave until your breast soreness is decreasing.
This remedy is recommended by Christine Northrup, a well-known medical doctor who is considered an expert on women’s self care.
Why castor oil?
It helps cells cleanse themselves and get back to normal function. For example, if you put castor oil on your abdomen it can help relieve constipation. Putting it on your breasts helps relieve soreness.
2. Period Vitamin – A good period vitamin contains herbs, vitamins and minerals that keep the body functioning optimally. Many PMS symptoms, including PMS sore breasts, can be caused by deficiencies in the body.
By taking a period vitamin you can help ensure that you don’t experience those deficiencies and suffer the resulting symptoms, like breast tenderness.
3. Progesterone – A natural progesterone cream can help relieve breast soreness as well. Before you try this remedy you should however speak to a doctor as too much progesterone can have the opposite effect and actually cause greater breast tenderness.
4. Herb supplement – There are many herbs that act to reduce PMS sore breasts by reducing inflammation and/or balancing hormones. You should focus on liver cleansing herbs first. These herbs act to cleanse the liver which is then able to better break down hormones that if not broken down properly can lead to mood swings, sore breasts and more. Look for a liver cleansing formula and follow the directions on the bottle. A period vitamin may also contain liver cleansing herbs.
5. Bigger bra – Here’s one more tip that won’t solve your sore breasts but may help you feel a little better. Buy a new, bigger bra when your breasts are swollen and tender. You might want to go a half size or even a full size bigger so that it fits more comfortably during your period. Along these same lines, you may want to wear less restrictive clothing during your period.