If you are seeking quick relief from painful menstrual cramps there are a few at-home solutions that you can try.
These do-it-yourself solutions can provide relief without you having to travel to the doctor or pay for an office visit.
You may even want to share these techniques with friends to help save them physical discomfort and money.
Let’s look at a few solutions you can try at home to get rid of period cramps:
• Press on acupressure points for a little while – try your abdomen about an inch to three inches below your belly button and along the crease where your leg meets your body.
• Stretch out your low back, abdomen and stomach
• Perform yoga poses – particularly animal poses, like the Cat pose, Cobra pose, and Fish pose.
• Apply a hot pack or hot water bottle or heating pad to your abdomen
• Take a walk and and as you walk periodically contract your abdominal muscles
Another way to relieve menstrual cramps is to adjust your diet.
• Fish oil• Berries
• Dandelion greens
• Turnip greens
• Collard greens
• Almond butter
Drinks that are effective at relieving menstrual cramps include:
• Hot tea
• Green drink mixes
One more way to relieve menstrual cramps is to wear a panty pad with a negative ion strip.
This has been shown to not only relieve bad menstrual cramps but also change the way your period flows (it only flows when you urinate).
The thing to remember is that there are numerous possible solutions out there. You don’t have to just accept menstrual cramps as a once a month occurrence.
You can get rid of them, you may even be able to prevent them.
It all starts with reading articles like this and then trying the different methods and seeing what works for you.
Just think: How to relieve menstrual cramps could be as easy as taking a period vitamin, improving your diet and incorporating smoothies or green drinks, or changing what you use during your period to absorb the blood and keep you hygienically clean.
Start trying the suggestions in this article today and see what works for you!