Thinking about using herbal remedies for your period mood swings?
In this article we are going to cover what you need to know to use herbs to feel better fast.
One highly effective way to use herbs is to smell them.
That’s right, smelling herbs can help you prevent PMS mood swings. Here’s why:
The herbs contain oils that give off healing aromas. It’s similar to you wearing your favorite perfume or walking through a rose garden. Certain smells have been shown to lift our mood and make us feel better.
So one way to avoid PMS mood swings is to surround yourself with pleasant fragrances. However, the ones you plug into an outlet or leave hanging in your care contain synthetic chemicals and thus are not as effective as natural herbs. Your body can tell the difference!
In fact, many people get headaches from the synthetic chemicals as their body is trying to eliminate the toxins from these fake products.
So let’s take a look at which natural oils are best for preventing PMS mood swings:
1. Lavender – This has been shown to be highly effective in preventing PMS mood swings.
2. Rose – This one is great for melting away anger, resentment and hostility and for increasing feelings of love and romance.
3. Jasmine – This is a nice scent that when smelled promotes a sense of wellness.
4. Hyacinth – This is a very pleasant and calming scent.
As for the best ways to smell these oils, here are four options:
1. Add a few drops of the oil to about an ounce of almond oil and then massage into your body after a bath or shower. You’ll smell the pleasant oils and feel the beneficial effects all day long.
2. Add a few drops of the oil to a diffuser so that the aroma goes into the air around you. This way you’ll breathe in the oil benefits.
3. Create your own herb/flower garden. Besides smelling the beneficial oils you’ll also get out in the sunshine, which is also good for you.
4. Add dried lavender, rose, jasmine or hyacinth flowers to a big pot of water boiling on the stove. The aromas of the flowers will fill the air and period mood swings will evaporate.
If you are looking for an even more convenient way to get rid of PMS mood swings you may want to consider taking a Period Vitamin. A Period Vitamin contains the essential vitamins, minerals and herbs that your body needs to avoid deficiencies that can lead to mood swings.
The key is to take the Period Vitamin everyday instead of just during your period. Do this and your PMS mood will switch from irritable to calm and collected.