When it comes to decreasing or even eliminating breast tenderness, and other PMS symptoms such as cramps, one good place to start is your diet.
The truth is there are foods that actually help decrease PMS breast tenderness and there are also foods that help decrease PMS cramps.
When deciding what foods to eat to help reduce PMS sore breasts it’s important to first think about why your breasts are sore in the first place.
Foods That Cause Breast Tenderness:
1. A hormonal imbalance caused by too much estrogen
2. Eating too much salt
3. Eating too many foods that are known to be inflammatory
So what’s a good way to combat these three things? Eating foods that are high in fiber, which helps the body detoxify itself from too much estrogen; foods that are high in potassium (which counteracts high sodium foods) and foods that are non-processed, low sugar and non-allergenic.
Make these foods a dietary staple and your breasts may not get sore at all during your next period!
Here are some particular foods that you should eat to reduce or eliminate PMS Breast Tenderness:
High Fiber Foods – Almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, pine nuts, apples, pears, kale, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, romaine lettuce, carrots, beans (any type), and yams
High Potassium Foods – Watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas and oranges
Non-processed, Low Sugar Foods – Fruits and vegetables, non-packaged meats, poultry, fish, nuts and seeds, butter, dairy products, yogurt, olive oil
Note: If you are allergic to grains or any other foods be sure to remove them from your diet as well.
Now here are three meal plans that you can use to ensure you are eating right and giving yourself the best chance to avoid breast soreness during or before your period.
1. Beef strips, broccoli, ginger, pineapple juice (to sweeten), coconut flakes over rice (as long as rice is one of the foods that help you), vanilla or chocolate pudding (homemade where you can control the sugar)
2. Lamb chops with mint jelly, red potatoes with olive oil, steamed asparagus spears, chocolate ice cream
3. Buffalo burger with ketchup and mustard on bun (if not allergic to the bun), lettuce leaf, sprouts, tomato, onion, sweet potato fries, sauerkraut, fruit salad with coconut and almonds
Eating meals like these will go a long way in helping you get rid of PMS breast tenderness. And as you can see, making this dietary change doesn’t have to be difficult, there are a lot of tasty foods out there that will help you and that still taste delicious.
One more thing: another way to ensure you get the right vitamins and minerals to reduce or even eliminate breast soreness is to take a period vitamin. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are a leading cause of breast soreness and taking a period vitamin can be a convenient, inexpensive solution to this problem.